Orthodontic treatment is a series of processes to move misaligned teeth to a desirable position. Orthodontics is a specialization in the field of dentistry that requires additional training and certification. Orthodontic treatment involves correcting the malocclusion, which is the misalignment of a bite or incorrect spacing between the teeth. This is usually accomplished by the use of orthodontic orthoses or clear aligners such as Invisalign. The cost of orthodontics may vary depending on the materials used, the treatment plan and even the location.
Orthodontic treatment can:
- Improve appearance
- Improve the position of biting and chewing function.
- Types of orthodontic appliances
- Fixed orthodontic appliances
- Placement of orthodontic brackets.
- The orthodontic wire and orthodontic brackets are connected by plastic and stainless steel wires (ligatures).
- Regular dental visits are required as instructed by the orthodontist.
- After the teeth have moved to the favorable positions, a retainer is used to maintain and stabilize the teeth in these positions.
How long does a fixed orthodontic treatment last?
The total duration is approximately 1.5 to 3 years. The actual time required depends on the complexity of the treatment.
Removable orthodontic appliances
It is suitable for simple orthodontic treatments.
Step by step process
- Taking impressions of teeth
- Make the removable orthodontic device in the dental laboratory.
- Mount the device in the mouth and activate the springs or screws.
- Regular dental check-ups to check dental movements and adjust the appliance accordingly.
How long does a removable orthodontic treatment last?
The total duration is about 6 to 12 months. The actual time required depends on the complexity of the treatment.
What is Invisalign?
A smile can change everything. Your confidence. Your perspective. Your life. And with Invisalign, achieving the smile you’ve always dreamed of does not have to be a big deal. In fact, it hardly impacts on your daily life at all.
Invisalign straightens the teeth using a series of almost invisible, removable aligners that are custom-made specifically for your teeth. As you replace each aligner every two weeks, your teeth move – gradually, week by week, gradually to the projected final position.
Comfortable, clear and removable – Invisalign transforms your smile without disrupting your life. Something that more than 3 million people in the world have already discovered.